We are seeking a dynamic and talented Physical Education Teacher to join a vibrant and committed department. The successful candidate will have high academic and professional standards and be committed to building on the strength of the subject throughout the School. She/he will ideally have a specialist in Netball, with the ability to coach some of our school Netball teams and attend tournaments. Our other major sports include Hockey, Netball, Athletics and Swimming.
The successful candidate will be timetabled over 3.5 days and should be confident in planning and delivering lessons across all year groups and a range of activities. All candidates must be willing to contribute fully to our thriving extracurricular programme.
Teaching: (in each case with regard to policies and curriculum of school and department)
· plan and prepare lessons and homework;
· teach, according to their educational needs, the pupils assigned, including the setting and marking of work to be carried out by the pupils in school and elsewhere;
· assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of pupils;
· provide or contribute to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual pupils and groups of pupils;
· liaise with the Head of Department about departmental matters;
· prepare and develop courses of study, teaching and examination materials methods of teaching and assessment, as required;
· participate in arrangements for preparing pupils for examinations, invigilate the examinations and assess performance as required;
· Develop knowledge and professional competencies.
· attend weekly staff meetings, and other meetings as required;
· assist at and attend official functions eg entrance tests, exhibitions, speech day and other events;
· attend school assemblies;
· register pupils;
· supervise pupils as requested;
· have an awareness of and follow the school health and safety policy and code of behaviour;
· maintain good order and discipline among the pupils and safeguard their health and safety both when they are authorised to be on the school premises and when they are engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere.
· promote the general progress and well-being of individual pupils and of any class or group of pupils assigned to him/her, so that pupils may reach their full potential;
· provide guidance and advice to pupils as appropriate;
· attend parents’ meetings as required;
· supervise and, so far as practicable, teach any pupils whose teacher is not available to teach them;
· enter into the extra-curricular activities of the school;
· Undertake such other duties as the Head may reasonably request from time to time.
Salary and Benefits
· Salary will be dependent on experience and qualifications, in line with the National Teachers’ Salary Scale up to UPS 3, with an additional Abbey Allowance.
· Staff are members of the State Teacher’s Pension Scheme.
· Lunch is provided
· Staff fee concession is available to employees’ daughters who satisfy the entrance requirements and for whom there is a place available
For more information on our lively and well resourced school and for an application form, please visit the Vacancies Page on our website www.theabbey.co.uk.
To apply for this position, please complete an application form in full, including details of suitable referees as instructed, then send this with your full CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will only be arranged following our receipt of a completed application form.
For enquires please contact email@example.com