Subject to the policies of the school and the education authority the duties of teachers, promoted and unpromoted, are to perform such tasks as the Head Teacher shall direct having reasonable regard to overall teacher workload related to the main accountabilities listed below:
• Teaching assigned classes together with associated preparation and correction
• Developing the school curriculum
• Assessing, recording and reporting on the work of pupils
• Preparing pupils for examinations and assisting with their administration
• Providing advice and guidance to pupils on issues related to their education
• Promoting and safeguarding the health, welfare and safety of pupils
• Working in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals
• Undertaking appropriate and agreed continuing professional development
• Participating in issues related to school planning, raising achievement and individual review
• Contributing towards good order and the wider needs of the school
When completing your application for this post, please ensure that you provide contact details for two referees, including email addresses. One should be your current or most recent employer. If you are already employed as a teacher with Perth & Kinross Council, you are only required to provide 1 reference, which must be from your current Head Teacher.
As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references, and fitness to undertake the post.
Some jobs may have been traditionally carried out predominately by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements, irrespective of your gender.
Perth & Kinross Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel/reservists. Many of the skills picked up during your military career could be transferred directly into a role with local government.
Closing date: 16/02/2020
Crieff High School, Strathearn Community Campus, Pittenzie Road, Crieff