British International School Riyadh
(3-18, BSME, CIS, co-educational, English-medium school)
Principal: Chris Mantz M.Ed.
Do you want to be part of an exciting, innovative and rewarding learning environment with highly motivated students, excellent teachers and supportive parents?
TEACHER of PHYSICAL EDUCATION required for August 2017
The British International School, Riyadh caters for students aged 3-18. 50% of students are British but over 50 nationalities are represented within the student body. The school is accredited by the Council of British International Schools (COBIS) and the Council of International Schools (CIS). The recent British School overseas inspection described the BIS curriculum as “outstanding” and states that “students demonstrate outstanding attitudes, behaviour and personal development. They take a pleasure in their own success and that of others”. In a recent confidential survey staff overwhelmingly stated that they enjoy working at the school. We now seek to add to our team.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and dedicated PE teacher. There are eleven full time members of the P.E. department who deliver P.E. across the whole school from Foundation 1 to Year 13. As part of the facilities, the school has a swimming pool, a 6 lane 200m running track, AstroTurf, a sports hall that accommodates two full sized netball/basketball courts, a fitness suite plus three smaller gyms. We are therefore, able to provide a varied P.E. curriculum within a very proactive department which thrives on teamwork and adaptability.
Many of the teachers work across primary and secondary however there is scope for some degree of specialisation though there is an expectation for flexibility and hence the candidate must be prepared to work across the full age range as well as activities
The successful candidate will:
- be a UK qualified teacher or have qualifications recognised in the UK through the NARIC process;
- very competently fulfil all Teachers’ Standards as published by the Department of Education in 2012;
- put students at the heart of the education process;
- fully support the Mission and ethos of the school;
- commit enthusiastically to the school’s enrichment program including leading extra-curricular and inter-house activities;
- be able to use ICT as an effective teaching tool;
- believe in the values of international and interculturalism in an educational context;
- hold a life-saving/poolside assistant qualification and/or a teaching/coaching certificate (preferably to ASA level 2 or equivalent);
- be able to take a lead in delivering gymnastics/dance preferably with an appropriate coaching certificate;
- be passionate about sport and P.E.;
- have an excellent command of spoken and written English.
To apply, please follow the link: https://uptic.net/job/268 and provide a supporting statement of application following our Guidelines
Closing date for all applications: Friday 6th January 2017 at 10:00 (KSA)
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people and all post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure (with a Barred List check).
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is identified
For more information about the school please visit our website: www.bisr.com.sa