TEACHER OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION
Full-time, permanent position
Required for January 2019
Applications are invited from enthusiastic teachers of PE who are looking to join an outstanding school committed to academic and pastoral excellence. The successful candidate would be required to teach GCSE PE or BTEC Sport at Key Stage 4.
This full-time permanent post provides an exciting opportunity for NQTs looking to join a collaborative, highly successful and extremely supportive department or experienced colleagues seeking to further their experience in a high achieving 11-18 school. We really value sport and healthy living at St. Peter’s and our PE staff make valuable contributions to the curricular and extra-curricular life of our school.
St. Peter’s Catholic School is a popular, oversubscribed and successful school. We pride ourselves on the excellent academic standards that we achieve across all key stages; the pastoral care that we provide and the enrichment opportunities that we offer. As a Teaching School, we take a leading role in Initial Teacher Training, Continuing Professional Development and Research and Development and are involved in a number of national initiatives and projects.
The successful candidate will:
• Have high expectations and a positive outlook
• Be a good/outstanding class practitioner
• Be both creative and independent in their teaching
• Be able to engage and enthuse pupils in learning at all times
• Be focussed on maximising progress for every child through stretch and challenge
• Understand the importance of assessment, feedback and differentiation
• Support the ethos of St. Peter’s School What we can offer:
• To work with a vibrant, confident staff and pupils
• To work in a school with high expectations and high standards of achievement and behaviour
• To work with supportive families
• Outstanding professional development linked to leadership at all levels
• A positive, warm and supportive working environment where everyone feels valued
St. Peter’s Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, contractors and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be expected to undertake an enhanced DBS check and other relevant checks as appropriate.
Please note CV’s are not accepted. Prospective candidates are welcome to visit the school. Please contact Ian McMahon, Head of PE, in order to arrange a time.