Maternity cover January 2018 for one year
We are looking to employ an enthusiastic and engaging P.E. Teacher, for maternity cover, who is able to teach P.E. to a consistently high standard across the curriculum with the ability to teach both KS4 & 5 examination courses.
A commitment to an extended working day and a full extra-curricular sporting programme, is essential in helping the department to maintain its already outstanding sporting achievements.
The working environment will enable outstanding professional development opportunities. The school has a Sports Hall, gymnasium, fitness suite and extensive playing fields.
To be successful in this role you must have:
· A genuine passion and talent for teaching PE
· The ability to engage students in organised and productive PE and games sessions
· The ability to deliver both GCSE and A level PE with specialism in bio-mechanics and physiology would be desirable
· A strong knowledge of all major games activities and the desire to encourage children of all abilities within lessons and extra-curricular activities.
· An optimistic outlook and the skill to encourage students to aid their development and the capacity to fit into a cohesive staff team.
Southend High School for Girls is a selective school which gained an
‘Outstanding’ Ofsted report in December 2011
“The school is particularly successful in the wide range of competitive sports it provides”
Closing Date: Monday 25th September (12 noon)
Interview Date: 27th September 2017
A Candidate Brief and application forms are available at www.shsg.org
or for further details please contact Anita Pickett, HR Manager
tel 01702 583082 e-mail email@example.com
All staff at Southend High School for Girls have a responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.