We are looking to employ an enthusiastic and engaging P.E. Teacher, for a one term maternity cover, who is able to teach P.E. to a consistently high standard across the curriculum with the ability to teach both KS4 & 5 examination courses.
A commitment to an extended working day and a full extra-curricular sporting programme, is essential in helping the department to maintain its already outstanding sporting achievements.
The working environment will enable outstanding professional development opportunities. The school has a Sports Hall, gymnasium, fitness suite and extensive playing fields.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- A genuine passion and talent for teaching PE
- The ability to engage students in organised and productive PE and games sessions
- The ability to deliver both GCSE and A level PE with specialism in bio-mechanics and physiology would be desirable
- A strong knowledge of all major games activities and the desire to encourage children of all abilities within lessons and extra-curricular activities
- An optimistic outlook and the skill to encourage students to aid their development and the capacity to fit into a cohesive staff team.
Southend High School for Girls is a selective school which gained an ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted report in December 2011.
“The school is particularly successful in the wide range of competitive sports it provides”
Applications will be reviewed on receipt and interviews arranged as soon as possible.
A candidate brief and application forms are available from our website.
For further details, please contact Anita Pickett, HR Manager on 01702 583082 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org