We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and passionate Teacher of Physical Education to join our highly committed and professional team. The post would suit an experienced practitioner, who is committed to raising standards at all levels; delivering excellent lessons and enthusing pupils through their passion for teaching.
This is a full-time post working at our Senior Boys’ School, required from September 2019.
To be successful in this role, you must be:-
• Suitably qualified with QTS in the appropriate age range and experience teaching at KS3 to KS5
• Passionate in using your knowledge of current theory and practice in teaching and learning to provide highly effective curriculum delivery, in a stimulating and enjoyable way
• A high quality multi-skilled coach, in one or more of the following disciplines: Athletics, Cricket, Football and Rugby.
• Have a strong interest in the development of Physical Education and Sport
• Ready to utilise the benefits of an independent curriculum that is innovative and flexible in terms of delivery and content
• An enthusiastic team player, willing to participate fully in the School’s extra-curricular programme and wider school life
• Engaged with the School's ethos, thinking creatively and reflectively within an open, honest and hardworking team.
Above all you must want the very best for our pupils and be prepared to put their needs first. You will be joining a department of five with many teachers assisting with games. In return we offer a positive working environment, with supportive colleagues and regular opportunities for professional development and training.