We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Teacher of Physics to join our very successful and vibrant department from September 2017. We are an Ofsted Outstanding rated school with our own Teaching School status. Swavesey achieved ‘Outstanding’ in every category in its latest Ofsted report in March 2011. The successful candidate will join an ‘Outstanding school where there is absolutely no complacency’ (Ofsted 2011).
Achievement in Physics is outstanding, A*- C 91% with 40% A/A* in 2016. In 2016 Swavesey achieved 78% GCSE 5 or more A* - C across all subjects, including English and Maths, with 30% of students gained 5 or more A/A* grades. Over the past three years the school has been in the top 75 most improved schools nationally and regularly supports other schools to improve performance. The Science Department enjoys considerable success in its wide range of courses which provide for all abilities at all ages.
Swavesey Village College has a considerable local and national reputation for academic excellence and innovation.
- Our commitment to ‘Every child matters’ and philosophy of 100% inclusion and achievement;
- A purposeful and caring learning environment;
- Ambitious, dedicated and professional staff - teaching and non-teaching;
- Well-motivated and engaging students;
- Our commitment to leadership, innovation and partnership working, as part of our Teaching School status.
We are committed to developing the talents and potential of all our staff. We have a very supportive induction and CPD programme for new staff and NQTs, and can provide many development opportunities within our Teaching School Alliance www.camteach.org.uk
For the right NQT this includes:
- a reduced timetable for the first year, with three additional non-contact hours per week
- a well-structured and high quality NQT induction year including:
- timetabled mentor meetings
- regular calendared NQT team meetings
- access to our exceptional Teaching School CPD programme
- support for staff who wish to pursue a Masters in Education in their second year with us.
NQTs will also be offered the opportunity to do paid work in July in order to ensure they have the most positive start to their career.
Experienced teachers can also look forward to a high quality induction package and a wide range of CPD opportunities offered by our Teaching School status and promotion opportunities within the wider family of CMAT schools.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the DBS.
The closing date for applications is 9.00am Friday 6 January 2017.
Interviews will be held the following week.
Please contact Claire Newman Personnel Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01954 234461 for additional information.
To apply you need to sign in to our eTeach recruitment portal and apply for the role. All details are on our website under Vacancies.
We are unable to accept CVs.
Swavesey Village College
Gibraltar Lane Swavesey
Cambridgeshire CB24 4RS