For August 2017, New Cairo British International School (NCBIS) is looking to recruit an outstanding full-time teacher of Physics for the secondary school.
NCBIS is the leading British international school in Egypt and is an authorised IB World School with more than 60 nationalities represented among 700 students. It is renowned for the excellence of its educational programmes.
The secondary school students follow the English National Curriculum at Key Stage 3 and then take the IGCSE/GCSE examinations in Year 11 and the IB Diploma in Year 13. The school is fully accredited by CIS and we are executive members of COBIS.
We are located in New Cairo, a quiet and tranquil part of Cairo. The small class sizes contribute to our sense of family and enable us to give all our students the attention they require. Our parents are committed partners and play a vital role in creating this enriching cultural environment.
Interested applicants should:
- Have a passion for learning, with experience of current best practice
- Have UK or equivalent teaching qualifications.
- Have proven experience of teaching to at least IBDP and/or A’level Physics, and science at KS3
- Be committed and hard working, with high expectations of themselves and the children in their care
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and a strong sense of collegiality.
- Be able to incorporate ICT in their practice
- Possess humour, energy, flexibility and a positive outlook
In addition to working in a learning-focused, forward-thinking and supportive not for profit school, you will receive a generous package including:
- Highly competitive tax-free salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Comprehensive international private medical cover
- Free primary education and secondary education for your dependent children (where applicable)
- Flight allowance to base country each year
- Re-signing on bonus upon contract renewal.
Employment terms will be on a two-year contract with an extension option.
Successful candidates will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and barring service (https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service) and/or for a police clearance from their home or resident country.
To find out more about the school, please visit our website at www.ncbis.co.uk
For VISA purposes please can we require the following information:
1) Date of birth 2) Martial status 3) Your Nationality 4) Number of dependents and nationality
To apply for this position, please send your CV, supporting letter & photograph to InternationalEducation@hays.com or call Penny Kontopyrghou on +44 (0) 7595 968 600 or +44 (0) 207 259 8771 for more information.
Interviews for short-listed applicants will be held immediately via Skype.