We are seeking an inspirational Teacher of Physics to join our busy and popular Science department.
This post would suit an experienced teacher seeking a new challenge or a newly qualified teacher for whom full induction support (meeting statutory requirements) would be provided. There are currently thirteen teachers in the Science Department, supported by four technicians.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Genuine interest in the subject and its teaching
• Ability to teach and enthuse pupils using a range of methods and media
• Enthusiasm for teaching through practical work
• A professional approach
• Good organisation
• Willingness to work as part of a collaborative team
• Awareness of upcoming changes in the Science curriculum
• The ability and willingness to make a significant contribution both to subject-related activities, such as the Science Society and the Junior Science Club, and to the wider sporting, cultural and pastoral life of the school
The Physics laboratories enjoyed an extensive refurbishment recently and provide modern, airy and spacious accommodation. ICT is bedded into our schemes of work; pupils use laptops with data-logging equipment as well as to access the internet and to use other applications. All of the laboratories have multimedia projectors and interactive whiteboards, supported by a wide range of science software.