Surbiton High School’s dynamic outstanding Science Department seeks a Teacher of Physics who is passionate about inspiring, encouraging and empowering our pupils in the subject.
Surbiton High School is a friendly and vibrant community where people matter, results count and where a passion for excellence drives everything we do. Our inspirational staff are dedicated to creating an intellectually rigorous and challenging academic environment, making Surbiton High School a place where a passion and energy abound, a school with a real heart and soul, where we look beyond the A* to offer a breadth of opportunity which allows every pupil and staff member to flourish.
- Create a challenging and stimulating classroom climate that will motivate pupils to learn, think independently, take risks, empathise with others, and perform to the best of their abilities.
- Undertake high quality preparation, marking and report writing, in line with School policy, so that pupils achieve the highest possible standards.
- Be prepared to take on the role of Form Tutor, which will encompass academic, pastoral and administrative responsibilities. Tutors have oversight of their tutees’ general well-being and academic progress, and they are the first point of contact for parents.
- Contribute to the organisation and running of co-curricular and enrichment activities.
- Be an active participant in CPD training opportunities, sharing best practice with colleagues, as requested.
The successful candidate will be likely to fit the following profile:
- Good Honours degree
- A postgraduate teaching qualification including QTS, would be an advantage
- Evidence of further relevant professional development
- Ability to deliver inspiring lessons at KS3, GCSE and A-level
- The ability to inspire, motivate and support pupils and colleagues in a successful and dynamic school
- A proven track record of delivering on academic performance
- Evidence of successful, inspiring and innovative teaching at all levels
- Up-to-date knowledge of successful and innovative teaching and the latest curriculum developments and initiatives
- High levels of personal and professional integrity and an ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Personal warmth to gain the confidence of pupils, staff and parents
- Ability to communicate concisely and sensitively, both orally and in writing, to a variety of audiences
- Positive, enthusiastic and energetic approach to life
- Committed to Surbiton High School’s ethos and strategic vision
Surbiton High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that the School reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
For any queries relating to the role or your application, please email email@example.com
Please apply online by clicking on the following https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/1287508?cid=1567
Closing Date: Interviews may be held on an ad hoc basis, so please submit your application asap. The final deadline will be 8:00am Thursday 28 June 2018.
Interviews to be held week commencing: 2 July 2018
Where support is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.