Woodbridge High School is a successful school situated in the heart of Woodford Green, North East London. It is fully comprehensive with an ethnically and socially diverse intake. The school has a strong and distinctive ethos of ‘Pride in Achievement’ and enjoys an excellent reputation within the local community. The outstanding 6th form achieves impressive results year after year. We are currently looking for teacher of Physics to join our team.
The Science department offers:
- A 3yr KS4 programme of study with both triple science and double science offered to students.
- The opportunity to deliver your subject specialism from Y9 onwards.
- Good results at GCSE and at A Level across the department.
- A strong emphasis on practical work in all subjects at all key stages.
- Rising numbers of students at KS5 for Physics (c.20).
- Well-resourced departmental schemes of learning with access to e-text books and differentiated materials.
- The opportunity to be a creative practitioner of science teaching
- A supportive and expanding department including a committed team of technicians.
- A comprehensive NQT programme is available
- An inspirational Head of Department who will work with you as you become an outstanding teacher.
The successful applicant will:
Have a strong belief in comprehensive education
Have the ability to deliver excellent student outcomes
Be an innovative and inspirational teacher
Be committed to their personal and professional development
Make a positive contribution to the school’s distinctive ethos
Have the experience of teaching a full age and ability range.
Have the ability to teach Physics to A Level
Expertise in using ICT for Learning would be an advantage
Woodbridge High School offers you:
The opportunity to work in a highly regarded school
A welcoming and friendly staff body
Motivated, well-behaved and friendly students
Opportunities for rapid career development and promotion
Access to state of the art sports and leisure facilities
Tailored professional development and training
A comprehensive staff wellbeing package
Woodbridge has recently expanded to ten forms of entry in each year group which has brought about many benefits and opportunities:
An £11m building programme has delivered brand new facilities which are enjoyed by all students and staff.
A broad, innovative and varied curriculum.
Smaller class sizes in some subjects.
Increased potential for career development and promotion.
Woodbridge High School is committed to working with local schools and leads on many aspects of school improvement and inter-school development. We would like you to consider being part of our team at this exciting time in our development.
The school is committed to promoting and safe-guarding the welfare of children. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and overseas checks where necessary.
Further details about the school, about the post and an application form are available from the school either by phoning 020 8504 9618, or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or they can be downloaded from the website www.woodbridgehigh.co.uk
Closing date: Monday, 30th April 2018 at 9.00 am
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a week of the closing date. Please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion if you have not heard within that time frame.
WOODBRIDGE HIGH SCHOOL
St Barnabas Road,
Essex IG8 7DQ
Tel no: 020 8504 9618,
Fax no: 020 8559 0487
No. on roll 1630 (incl. 320 in Sixth Form)
Headteacher: Mr Andrew Beaumont, MA,BSc,NPQH