Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Teacher of Science with a specialism in Physics on a full-time permanent basis from September 2021. Both experienced and newly qualified teachers are encouraged to apply.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a 'Good' mixed, non-selective, non-denominational secondary school with sixth form in Staffordshire serving students from the age of 11-18. The secondary school, situated in Rugeley has approximately 832 students on record. The school encourages students to be independent and proactive learners, with the motto: “design and shape your world”, guiding them to believe that they can achieve whatever they put their mind to.
“Students have positive attitudes to learning. They work well together in teams, take on leadership responsibilities, and readily contribute their views in class or other forums. Most behave responsibly and safely”. -Ofsted 2018.
The school seek to appoint an outstanding Teacher of Science who engages students through creative delivery and is eager to try new ideas in a supportive environment. Experience of teaching Physics at all key stages, including KS5, would be preferable. They aim to provide every child with the skills to succeed in science, supporting everyone to become a successful scientist. Science is delivered by a specialist team of staff and is taught in dedicated laboratories and facilities enabling them to deliver the three sciences at all key stages as well as Environmental Science at A-level.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious school team with a commitment to raising standards and creating new opportunities for generations of students in Rugeley. The school is able to offer bespoke CPD packages to support all teachers, making this a great opportunity for all colleagues seeking to further their experience.
- To teach exceptional lessons that engage and challenge all students
- To create a supportive and stimulating learning environment in the classroom that helps all students to make excellent progress and develop as learners
- To make a significant contribution to the values and ethos of the school
- To actively promote and uphold all school policies, for example behaviour policy, assessment policy
The Successful Candidates:
- Qualified to degree level or above
- Qualified teacher
- Experience of raising attainment in a challenging classroom environment
- Experience of reflecting on and improving teaching practice to increase student achievement
- Evidence of continually improving the teaching and learning of their subject though schemes of work and extra-curricular activities
- Thorough and up to date knowledge of curriculum area
- Understanding of the strategies needed to establish consistently high aspirations and standards of results and behaviour
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact email@example.com REF KR 1440089
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...