Inner London Pay Scale – MPS/UPS
To Start July/September 2020
Location - E1 0LB, Whitechapel, London Borough of Tower Hamlets
We have a vacancy for a Teacher of Physics. This post would suit both experienced and newly qualified teachers.
As Britain’s first federated school, our campus embraces two schools, Boys’ and Girls’ with a co-ed Sixth Form. We are a World Class School, hold Beacon School status and work in effective partnership with several organisations including City in Excellence in Teaching and East London Teaching School Alliance. With state of the art buildings and facilities and a team of innovative, experienced and dedicated professional staff, Bishop Challoner is an exciting and supportive environment in which to work and develop your career.
Science is a highly popular subject at the school, attracting high numbers at A Level. However, we are not complacent - working with a team of passionate and dedicated practitioners, you will contribute to the development of a department that aims to maintain an outstanding reputation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for exceptional teachers. You do not need to be a practising Catholic to apply.
“In this high performing school, students make rapid progress and reach high standards in many subjects”
“Leaders and managers at all levels, provide the drive and ambition needed to ensure that this wonderful school continually improves”
• An established and comprehensive induction programme for NQTs and other new staff
• An established and comprehensive Early Careers Teacher programme (ECT) (years 2 – 4)
• A strong commitment to your professional development and career management - excellent CPD and leadership development at all levels
• A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
• A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
• A positive and stimulating school climate which values the contribution of all staff
We are looking for professionals with:
• The willingness to support our Catholic Ethos
• Evidence of excellent classroom practice or the potential to achieve it
• A track record of successful student outcomes at KS3, KS4 and KS5
• High expectations of student attainment and behaviour
If you have the passion and drive to contribute to the future development of the Science Department at Bishop Challoner, we look forward to hearing from you.
How to Apply:
Your application is a direct permanent application to Bishop Challoner.
To apply, please request an application form from Ellie Field at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ellie on 0207 259 8770 for more information. Your application is a direct permanent application to our school (not through agency), Hays is our recruitment partner for all permanent appointments.
Closing Date: Tuesday 25th February 2020 at 12pm noon
Our federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Governing Body is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ellie Field c/o Bishop Challoner Catholic Federation of Schools
352 Commercial Road, London, E1 0LB
T: 020 7259 8770