Hartland International School opened in September 2015 and is rapidly developing a reputation for excellence in learning and teaching. We provide the best possible education for every child in our care and import the very best practices from independent schools around the globe. With just over 300 children on roll at present from 56 different nationalities, Hartland is a truly international community. We combine a unique blend of academic challenge, enrichment opportunities and pastoral support to target excellence and create a values based family of teachers, children and parents.
Located in the heart of Dubai, in a developing residential community, Hartland’s unique vantage point is the iconic landmark of the Burj Khalifa, the Dubai Mall and Downtown Business area of the city. The school will operate from Foundation Stage to Year 8 and anticipates natural year on year growth in the secondary section in the coming years. We offer enhanced National Curriculum for England and plan to offer GCSE’s / IGCSE’s, ‘A’ Levels and the International Baccalaureate Diploma.
At this time, we are looking to appoint an exceptional teacher of French and Spanish. Applications are invited from practitioners who are passionate and forward thinking and who will thrive in a vibrant learning environment. The post will involve teaching throughout the Primary School and the successful candidate will join an experienced and committed staff team. Other languages delivered in the school are Mandarin and German and any additional interest in any world language will be of interest to the school. There is a very strong enrichment programme and the successful candidate will be expected to make a contribution to this and the future development of languages across the school.
As a member of the Hartland team, you will share in the responsibility for teaching, learning, enrichment and pastoral care and will be someone who can thrive on the challenge of growing a new school and community.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a relevant degree and teaching qualification
- Have experience of teaching the National Curriculum for England whether that be in the UK or in an international setting
- Have a minimum 2 years teaching experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- Be committed to the Hartland Values
In return you will have the opportunity to work in a state of the art modern school with a committed and dedicated staff and a committed approach to continuing professional development. You will receive a competitive and attractive tax free salary, high quality fully furnished accommodation, private medical insurance, and annual airfare to home country and an End of Service Gratuity
Hartland International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be subject to a police check.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is Monday 12 December 2016. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Initial interviews may be held via SKYPE with final interviews taking place in UK and Dubai in late January 2017
- Candidates wishing to apply should complete the application form and send it with a CV and covering letter to the Principal’s PA, Mrs Geraldine Nixon at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted following an evaluation against selection criteria.
- Your application should contain the names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of three professional referees and include your current line manager.
- Full references will be required for the short list interviews but will only be taken when we have received specific consent from candidates to do so.