Skeld Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Skeld. It provides nursery to P7 education for children from Skeld, Reawick, Culswick and Sand. The structure of the school is 1 nursery and 1 composite primary class. There are currently a total 14 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a teaching Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 1 full-time teacher and 1 part-time teacher assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mrs Helen Perry.
Subject to the policies of the school and the education service the duties of teachers, promoted and unpromoted are to perform such tasks as the Head Teacher shall direct, having reasonable regard to overall teacher workload related to the following categories.
- Teaching assigned classes together with associated preparation and correction.
- Developing the school curriculum.
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the work of pupils.
- Preparing pupils for examinations and assisting with their administration.
- Providing advice and guidance to pupils on issues related to their education.
- Promoting and safeguarding the health, welfare and safety of pupils.
- Working in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals.
- Undertaking appropriate and agreed continuing professional development.
- Participating in issues related to school planning, raising achievement and individual review.
- Contributing towards good order and the wider needs of the school.
Closing date: 21/08/2017
Skeld Primary School,