Happyhansel Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Walls. It provides nursery to P7 education for children from Walls, West Burrafirth and as far east as West Houlland. The structure of the school is 1 nursery class and 2 composite primary classes. There are currently a total of 60 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher (joint with Sandness). The current staffing complement is 3 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mrs Sue King.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.3112 per hour
- Permanent Part Time post for 5.25 Hours per Week hours per week
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We would welcome applications from flexible route probationers
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- FTE of post: 0.15
- Sector/Subject specialism: Primary
- Qualification requirement: B.Ed or equivalent
- Class information, age range etc: P1-3
- Any other information specific to post or setting: PT admin cover in P1-3
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Happyhansel Primary School, Walls
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Sue King, Head Teacher on 01595 807450 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Happy Hansel Primary School, Walls, Shetland
Closing date: 23/02/2020