Due to high demand for this subject we are seeking to recruit another ambitious and motivated colleague to join our rapidly developing school.
The successful applicant will join the UTC as it grows and develops into its third year. UTC Oxfordshire opened in September 2015 in Didcot. It will admit up to 600 students aged 14 to 19 living in the catchment area. UTC Oxfordshire specialises in science and engineering, alongside a broad and balanced curriculum. We benefit from the support of local employers and three leading universities who enrich and enhance our unique curriculum offer.
UTC Oxfordshire is centrally located with excellent transport links close by.
We can offer:
- An exciting opportunity to work as a growing and supportive team
- An environment where the focus is upon high quality teaching and employment outcomes
- A unique curriculum with outstanding facilities and cutting edge ICT and technology to support learning.
- An opportunity to develop you teaching career with the possibility of progression as the role develops.
- Unparalleled professional development opportunities
- Focussed teaching - only KS4 and KS5 classes
- Small class sizes
- Passionate students
- Fully supported laptop provided with latest software to simplify your workload
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be ready to embrace the challenge of a new school and the opportunities that exist.
- We would welcome applications from ambitious and forward thinking NQTs.
Application deadline: 26th June, 12 noon
Salary: Competitive salary with recruitment and retention available. Additional incentives for the right candidate.
We recommend a tour of the UTC and informal conversations are encouraged.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting / interviews have taken place.
Safeguarding recruitment statement
UTC Oxfordshire is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults; we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will meet the person specification, and will be required to apply for a DBS disclosure and complete the relevant safeguarding training.