A great place to LEARN
A great place to WORK
East Barnet School has a historic legacy, first opening in 1937 with only 200 pupils. As an extremely popular school with 1,400 students currently on roll, the school moved to a brand new state-of-the-art modern building in September 2010.
The school has a good staff retention and morale is high, attributed to clear structures in place which enable disruption free learning. There is a broad and balanced curriculum and well-being is a top priority.
East Barnet School has an outstanding reputation in the local community and is significantly over-subscribed in all year groups including the Sixth Form which is consistently ranked in the top 10% of the country.
What we offer:
- The Social Sciences Faculty team members are committed to innovative learning and teaching strategies, and the sharing of good practice.
- Psychology is popular and well-subscribed and makes a significant contribution to a vibrant and highly successful Sixth Form.
- Disruptive free learning.
What you offer:
Suitable candidates should be able to teach Psychology at AS/A Level, and GCSE Sociology. The ability to deliver a KS3 Humanity subject would be an advantage
Benefits of working at EBS:
- The school is committed to growth mindset and the professional development of all colleagues. East Barnet School is part of the North London Teaching Alliance (NTLA) providing a wealth of CPD opportunities such as the 'outstanding teacher' programme which implements the extensive in house CPD offered.
- Leadership and Coaching programmes are particularly useful for staff new to the school or new to post. Coaching allows you to discuss issues and anxieties in a confidential setting, separate from any assessment or performance management process.
- Well Being is a school priority and time is set aside to ensure colleagues are able to maintain a positive work life balance.
- We have received several awards in recognition of our personal and professional development of staff
Serviced by great train, underground and bus transport links (Northern line, Piccadilly line and overground High Barnet station are all within walking distance).
- Being based in the outskirts of London means we benefit from a more rural location and cheaper housing prices whilst being only a short train journey into the centre of London.
- For those who drive, we have an ample free car park, and we have bike racks for those who choose to cycle.
- There are plenty of local shops and supermarkets in the surrounding area around the school, and a great view across East Barnet from our floor to ceiling panoramic Library window.
- Behaviour and safety were judged to be Outstanding at the last full OFSTED inspection (2012).
- Very supportive, family atmosphere amongst staff.
- State-of-the-art school building which was opened in September 2010.
- Extensive grounds and modern outside sports facilities.
Come and visit
We would love to show you in person what we can offer. Please contact Carole Furneaux on 0208 344 2100 to arrange a visit or to find out more information about the Social Sciences Faculty.
EBS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment