Fixed Term Contract until April 2021
Norton Hill and Somervale Schools form part of the Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership (MNSP), a Multi-Academy Trust consisting of 6 Secondary Schools, 16 Primary Schools and 1 specialist all-through school. The Trust schools have a total of 8300 students on roll. This is an exciting time to be joining one of the schools in the MNSP. There is a joint Sixth Form, with approximately 390 students, across the Somervale and Norton Hill sites and this post would be primarily based at Somervale.
Both schools are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Teacher of Psychology and Sociology to join their talented, hardworking and well-resourced Social Sciences department. There are approximately 170 students in Year 12 and 13 taking Psychology or Sociology in Year 12 and 13. Results in both subjects are regularly above the national average for attainment and are value added in terms of progress. There may also be the opportunity to teach Law and Criminology. You should be highly motivated, proactive and able to support all students to achieve their potential. Our aim is to ensure students make the best possible progress and your teaching will be integral to this.
Both schools serve Midsomer Norton, Radstock and the surrounding rural area where there is an abundance of attractive and affordable housing. The school is on the edge of the Mendips but close to both Bath and Wells
● Help maintain outstanding Psychology and Sociology results
● Be committed to exceptional standards of teaching and learning
● Be able to motivate, challenge and inspire students to achieve their best
● Be able to establish and develop outstanding relationships with students and staff
● Be a team player, able to contribute to key leadership decisions
● Contribute to our core vision and values
We can offer you:
● A forward looking and innovative school
● A school with outstanding behaviour and safety for all
● Excellent facilities for teaching and learning
● Leading edge professional development support to improve your practice including NCSL accredited training
Closing date: 9.00am, 6th December 2019
Interviews will be held W/C 9th December 2019
Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service.