Teacher of Psychology – Fixed Term
Required: January 2022 to June 2022
Contract: Full or part time considered
Salary: up to £42,341 based on skills and experience
London Academy of Excellence (LAE) is seeking to recruit a Teacher of Psychology to join this ambitious, selective sixth form. LAE is in an outstanding, heavily oversubscribed school located in the heart of Stratford, close to the Olympic Park and just two minutes from Stratford Station (zone 2/3), with excellent links to all parts of London.
LAE is one of the highest-performing sixth form colleges in the United Kingdom. Our average A level grade is an A* and our ALPS 1 value-added score places us in the top 1% of schools nationally for progress. LAE consistently secures top university destinations for all students. The school is particularly proud of its success helping students from disadvantaged backgrounds to gain places at the finest universities in the UK and around the world. Over 1,200 of our alumni have progressed to a Russell Group university and over 120 to Oxford or Cambridge.
We seek a Teacher of Psychology who shares our passionate commitment to academic standards and to advancing the social mobility of our students. Students attain exceptional outcomes and are taught the AQA A level specification. Each year, many LAE students progress to study psychology and associated subjects at the country’s leading universities. We are happy to consider applicants on a part- or full-time basis – please indicate availability on the application.
LAE can offer you:
• The opportunity to gain experience of teaching and working with highly motivated students in one of the country’s leading sixth form schools.
• An intellectually stimulating working environment characterised by a culture of professional trust and collegiate working that promotes autonomy, innovation, and rigour.
• Access to an outstanding package of regular, high-quality continuous professional development and support.
• A modern and positive learning environment minutes from the Olympic Park and Stratford Station.
• Collaborative working with our world-class partner schools: Brighton College, Caterham School, Eton College, Forest School, Highgate School and UCS Hampstead.
• A package of employee benefits including access to a Cycle Scheme, Tech Scheme, and discounted local gym memberships.
LAE is a diverse and inclusive school, committed to supporting staff and students to be themselves and succeed on merit.
How to apply?
Please submit a concise supporting statement that addresses the demands of the job description and person specification via the TES website no later than 9.00am on Friday, 3 December 2021.
LAE reserves the right to appoint ahead of the deadline. For more information, please contact James Kane, Assistant Head by emailing email@example.com.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo pre-employment screening, including an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
“An inspirational school”
LAE is one of the highest-performing sixth form colleges in the United Kingdom. Our average A level grade is an A* and our ALPS 1 value-added score places us in the top 1% of schools nationally for progress. LAE consistently...