Do you have an excellent subject knowledge and a passion for Psychology, with an equal desire to empower pupils to exceed expectations? If so, we would love to hear from you. Downside is an independent, co-educational boarding and day school for pupils aged 11 to 18, and one of England’s oldest and most distinguished Catholic schools. We are situated at the foot of the Mendip Hills, twelve miles south of the city of Bath.
You will be an outstanding and inspiring Teacher of Psychology able to teach Years 12 to 13, and up to Oxbridge entrance level. This post would suit either a newly qualified or a suitably experienced teacher. It is essential that you are an effective team member, who can help to promote Psychology via academic enrichment, and is willing to seek opportunities to develop teaching and learning within their subject.
The post is for a Maternity Cover for the 2018/19 academic year, commencing in September 2018.
Our latest ISI inspection report states that ‘the quality of pupils’ achievement and learning is excellent’ and ‘the quality of teaching is excellent overall’.
As a boarding School, all our Teachers engage fully in co-curricular activities and the boarding life of the School.
We are looking for someone who: •
Demonstrates excellent subject knowledge and a passion for Psychology.
• Has an ability to teach up to and including A level.
• Can engender an atmosphere within lessons, which is conducive to active learning and encourages pupils to learn collaboratively.
• Inspires and motivates pupils to strive for the best.
• Is committed to their own professional development.
• Embraces our Benedictine catholic ethos.
We can offer:
• A Fixed Term Contract with a salary above the national scale.
• A supportive, skilled and innovative staff team.
• An inspiring, intellectually rewarding work environment.
• Plenty of opportunities for CPD, and pastoral and co-curricular involvement
Closing date for applications:
Thursday 15th March 2018, by 10am
Interviews will be held: Thursday 22nd March 2018
Please complete an application form which can be downloaded and submitted through an applicant tracking system on our ‘Working With Us' page: http://www.downside.co.uk/working-with-us/
Please contact the HR email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you require further information after reading the application pack. Downside School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the DBS. We are an equal opportunities employer. By car, we are within 40 minutes of Bristol, 30 minutes of Bath and 15 minutes of Wells. Registered Charity Number: 1158507