OAKS PARK HIGH SCHOOL
Teacher of Psychology, NQTs welcome
Required for January 2020 – Outer London MPS salary scale
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and highly effective teacher of Psychology with fantastic opportunities to develop their teaching and learning. Like us, you will be dynamic, innovative and hardworking.You will also have exceptional subject knowledge, a desire to positively impact upon students’ learning and a firm commitment to high academic achievement. A willingness to teach Health & Social Care is also essential. Above all you will be dedicated to giving all our students an outstanding education.
The successful candidate will:
- Understand the requirements for high quality teaching.
- Be able to use ICT in all aspects of your work.
- Have excellent administration skills and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Have the ability to fulfill the requirements of a form tutor.
- Have good interpersonal skills.
- Have excellent communication skills and an ability to relate to people at all levels.
- Be a positive team player with a strong commitment to professional development
- Embrace new technologies and ideas that enhance learning
- Have the ability to deal sensitively with pupils, parents and colleagues.
- Be highly self-motivated
Why work for Oaks Park High School:
- Oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with over 400 students in the Sixth Form and excellent modern facilities to support learning.
- Work with a collaborative, forward thinking Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team.
- Strong vision of success and achievement supported by an excellent continuing professional development programme for all staff.
- Medical and well-being support for all staff (at no cost to the member of staff)
- An ambitious and supportive multicultural community that keeps our child-centred philosophy at the heart of everything that we do.
- Highly regarded for outstanding pupil behaviour and purposeful learning environment.
- Committed to the very highest standards of student care and achievement and seek outstanding staff who wish to be part of our success.
Location: The school is centrally located in the London Borough of Redbridge, which is a very high achieving borough. There are excellent transport links to central and outer London, with Newbury Park station (zone 4 on the Central Line) only a four minute walk away.
Oaks Park High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Visits to the school are welcomed, or alternatively you can speak to Mrs Richardson, Subject Leader for Psychology.
The closing date for applications will be 9am on Monday 18th November 2019. Details regarding interviews will be confirmed with short listed candidates.
Early application is advised as applicants may be contacted at any stage during the recruitment process and the advert may then be closed.