TEACHER OF PSYCHOLOGY
Required for as soon as possible
Applications are invited from enthusiastic teachers of Psychology who are looking to join an outstanding school committed to academic and pastoral excellence. As the start date is as soon as possible, early applications will be considered.
This temporary post, offered on a full time or part time basis, provides an exciting opportunity for NQTs looking to join a highly successful and extremely supportive faculty or experienced colleagues seeking to further their experience in a high achieving 11-18 school. You will be joining a friendly, thriving and collaborative Social Sciences Faculty, where pupil progress and outcomes are excellent and teaching and learning are outstanding. We welcome applications from candidates who can teach Psychology at A Level.
St. Peter’s Catholic School is a popular, oversubscribed and successful school, judged “outstanding” in all areas by Ofsted. We pride ourselves on the excellent academic standards that we achieve across all key stages; the pastoral care that we provide and the enrichment opportunities that we offer. As a Teaching School, we take a leading role in Initial Teacher Training, Continuing Professional Development and Research and Development and are involved in a number of national initiatives and projects.
The successful candidate will:
• Have high expectations and a positive outlook
• Be a good/outstanding class practitioner
• Be both creative and independent in their teaching
• Be able to engage and enthuse pupils in learning at all times
• Be focussed on maximising progress for every child through stretch and challenge
• Understand the importance of assessment, feedback and differentiation
• Support the ethos of St. Peter’s School
What we can offer:
• To work with a vibrant, confident staff and pupils
• To work in a school with high expectations and high standards of achievement and behaviour
• To work with supportive families
• Outstanding professional development linked to leadership at all levels
• A positive, warm and supportive working environment where everyone feels valued and
where staff wellbeing is prioritised
St. Peter’s Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, contractors and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be expected to undertake an enhanced DBS check and other relevant checks as appropriate.
An Application Form and further details are available from the School Website or from the School Office. Please note CV’s are not accepted.
If you have any questions, or would like to come and look around the school, please don’t hesitate to contact Nicola O’Connell, Faculty Leader, at email@example.com