This is a bespoke opportunity for a unique individual to combine teaching two closely related subjects in one role. Predominantly required to teach the Triple Vocational Advanced Level in Public Services, this course of study has gone from strength to strength in both its results and increasing student enrolment since it was introduced to the college in 2011. As well as the Single Vocational Advanced Level in Sport and Exercise Science and the Triple Vocational Advanced Level in Development Coaching and Fitness, the college has a well-established Sports Academy to further enhance studies and help students to develop the essential skills associated with the discipline. This is supported by partnerships with external stakeholders such as the Bolton Cricket league supported by the Lancashire Cricket Board among others. Places for the Academy are generally oversubscribed which illustrates the enthusiasm and engagement of the students looking to study Sport and follow a professional career in the subject.
Ideally, practical experience in a public service role will support your professional teaching qualifications and a positive hands on approach is essential as a key motivation for the students. You will be able to engage students with a range of diverse and well planned lessons and practical opportunities, offering a course of study that provides both excitement and enjoyment through wider challenge and also develops their practical experience of the skills required to work in a range of public services such as the Police Force, Fire Service or Armed Forces.
If this is the sort of environment you thrive in and you have the skills and motivation to guide and support students to both fulfil and possibly exceed their personal goals, then we would like to hear from you for the post of Teacher of Public Services and Sport.
From August 2019 we are looking for someone:
• With vision, energy and exciting ideas to build on current good practice and results
• That has the ability to engage students and inspire an enthusiasm for Public Services and Sport through excellent subject knowledge
• Who is a strong classroom practitioner able to inspire high performing students as well as nurture those less confident in their ability
• Who has the understanding and experience of implementing successful intervention programmes
• Has a knowledge and an understanding of delivering a practical course and is able to relate this directly to sector good practice
• With the desire to share good practice and make a real contribution to the development of the department and the progress of our students
We can offer you:
• A modern friendly working environment with excellent facilities
• Salary ranging from £23,396 - £38,748 (SFCA Teaching Pay Scale)
�� Structured CPD with opportunities for regular inset workshops and cross college sharing of resources and techniques
• Optional wellbeing days / activities
• NQT first year guidance with timetable remission and senior management led support
This post represents an excellent opportunity for either, an NQT looking for the first step in their career teaching in a high performing Sixth Form College, or an experienced and inspirational classroom practitioner aiming to develop their expertise.
The college has an established programme of professional development support which is led by senior managers and actively encourages individuals with the drive and enthusiasm to succeed in their chosen profession.
If you require any further information regarding this post, please contact: The Personnel Department, Bolton Sixth Form College, Deane Road, Bolton BL3 5BU.
The closing date for applications: Sunday 24th March 2019
Interviews to be held: Thursday 4th April 2019
All appointments at the College are subject to the receipt of satisfactory clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service