An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, dynamic, motivated and able teacher of RE to join our outstanding RE department. The role is based within a very successful department who achieve outstanding results.
The progress that pupils make in RE places the department in the top 5% of schools nationally for progress. In 2017, 68% of pupils achieved grade C and 11% of students achieved A/A*.
You will be:
• Able to have a positive impact on the progress of both the pupils that are directly taught by you and those taught by the department.
• Able to inspire pupils of all abilities to have high aspirations and achieve their potential at KS3 and KS4.
• Able to generate ideas and drive initiatives.
• Able to support the subject leader by contributing to the strategic development of the department.
• Able to work independently and meet deadlines.
• Able to share your practice in a constructive and collaborative way.
• Able to implement intervention strategies so that no pupil is left behind.
You will have:
• A proven track record of success at KS3 and KS4.
• A passion for RE and an ability to make the subject come to life.
• A desire to be the best you can be - to always improve and do things better.
• High expectations for all pupils.
• An ability to build positive relationships with pupils, parents, staff and governors.
• An ability to deliver consistently good and outstanding lessons.
• A commitment to Castleford Academy’s vision and values.
This post would be suitable for an outstanding NQT who is looking for an excellent starting ground within a highly supportive environment or an established teacher seeking to further develop their career within an existing highly successful team.
Castleford Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. For all positions at Castleford Academy you are required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check prior to appointment.
If you are interested in this role now or in the future, please contact Mrs Kelly Baker, HR Manager on 01977 605060 to arrange a visit.
Application forms can be downloaded from our website. Completed applications should be addressed to Mr George Panayiotou, Headteacher at the school address or via email to email@example.com.
Providing suitable interest, the closing date for applications is Friday 16th March 2018 at 12 noon with interviews taking place the following week.
For further information on the school, the role and ‘how to apply’ please visit http://www.castlefordacademy.com/vacancies/pages/default.aspx