3 days per week
The Governing Body of St Paul’s School for Girls is seeking to appoint an inspirational Catholic RE Teacher for commencement 01 September 2021.
We seek an outstanding practitioner, with the ability to teach the delivery of RE at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5, in this highly successful Catholic School. Our RE Section 48 inspection in May 2015 described St Paul’s as an outstanding Catholic School.
We are looking for a dedicated and committed teacher to work with this outstanding team, to drive academic progress in Religious Education and take a key role in supporting and developing the Catholic life of the school. The successful candidate may be a newly qualified or an experienced teacher.
St Paul's is a Catholic comprehensive school for girls aged 11-19. St Paul's is in the top 1 % of comprehensive schools in the UK for GCSE in 2020, with a progress score of +1.4 and 39% of students achieving Grade 9 or equivalent, 46% of all GCSE grades at Grade 7 – 9.
A level is in the top 5% in the country with grades A* - A 52%, A* – B 80%, A* - C 98%
RE results 2020
GCSE: 100% pass, 9 – 4 97%, 9 – 5 93%
A Level: A* - C 100%, A* - A 35%
The successful applicant will be:
- A practising Catholic.
- Able to teach up to A Level.
- An outstanding teacher
- Someone who has high expectations of pupils (both attainment and behaviour)
- Fully supportive of the school in meeting its requirements for collective worship and liturgy.
- An established and comprehensive induction programme
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management - excellent CPL and leadership development at all levels
- Outstanding exam results, with RE genuinely valued within school
- A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
- A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
- A positive and stimulating school climate which values the contribution of all staff
If you have the passion and drive to contribute to the future development of RE at St Paul’s School for Girls, we look forward to hearing from you.
An application pack can be downloaded from our website Please return your completed application form and one side of A4 stating your suitability for the post.
Deadline: Friday 21 May 2021 at noon
Interviews to take place on Wednesday 26 May 2021
St Paul's School for Girls
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years