The Convent of Jesus and Mary is a warm and welcoming, successful Catholic 11-18 comprehensive school for girls located in north west London. We are a member of the Diocese of Westminster Academy Trust and work closely with our partner secondary and primary schools across London and neighbouring counties. The Convent was founded by the Sisters of the Religious of Jesus and Mary and the Sisters remain closely linked with the school. RE is central to the faith life of the school and is taught from Year 7 to 6th Form. All girls take GCSE and A level Theology is offered in the 6th Form as well as all post 16 students taking a general RE course.
The Convent is proud to have been recognised as outstanding in its last Section 48 Diocesan Inspection.
This post is offered initially on a one year contract to cover the maternity leave of one of our valued colleagues. Applications are welcomed from enthusiastic NQTs or equally from more experienced teachers.
The Convent does not require its staff to be baptised or practising Catholics but does expect that non- Catholic staff respect our faith, prayer life and values and participate in our acts of worship. This post will require an understanding of and commitment to teach Catholic Christian Theology.
Our staff at the Convent enjoy many benefits:
· A warm and friendly, caring and supportive environment where our ethnic diversity is celebrated and valued
· Very well behaved, polite and studious girls, ambitious for their achievement
· Excellent programme of professional development; many colleagues have developed their careers within the school.
· Thriving and varied programme of performances and productions
· A close and collegiate professional staff body and complimentary tea and coffee available at all times in the staffroom with special breaktime treats on Fridays
· Staff well-being committee and a leadership team committed to making staff workload and work- life balance a priority.
Details and an application form can be found on our school website: www.cjmlc.co.uk in the Vacancies section.
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please email Julie Lewis or telephone the school on 020 8965 2986.