An outstanding Teacher of RE with the ability to teach Geography and History, is required for September 2018 to join a committed and hard-working faculty. Applications are welcome from both experienced teachers and NQTs. The faculty has close links to other schools in the Tudor Grange family. A wide range of teaching and learning strategies are used in the delivery of RE including a focus on developing students' independence and spontaneity.
Additionally, you will benefit from:
* Joining a faculty judged as 'good' in the school's recent OfSTED inspection (September 2017).
* Joining an RE department that has had considerable success at GCSE in recent years, with results averaging over 80% A*-C and faculty results in which 90% of students achieved A*-C grades in A Level History; 60% A*-C grades in GCSE History.
* Teaching in a forward thinking faculty with excellent resources and facilities for teachers who are passionate about their subject.
The Robert Smyth Academy developed from Market Harborough's oldest school and was founded in 1607. It is now a vibrant, fast growing 11 - 19 Academy with nearly a thousand students, including 'new' Year 7 students in 2016 and well over 400 students in the sixth form. The area around Market Harborough, which is an attractive and a growing market town, is increasing in its diversity and offering significant potential for the Academy to grow.
In 2016 and 2017 the Academy's Key Stage 4 and 5 results were very pleasing and underpin the progress that has been made. The OfSTED inspection in September 2017 deemed the Academy as 'good'. This, with other progress being made is the foundation of the Academy's journey to being 'outstanding'. The Academy also enjoys a very positive reputation in its community and particularly for its considerable extra-curricular offer in many areas, most notably in art, music and sport.
If you join us, you will benefit from:
* Teaching pupils who are well motivated as the school enjoys strong parental support
* Working in a Trust with structured professional development opportunities
* A real chance to develop in a forward thinking, highly successful academy
* Developing yourself in our 'can do' culture and positive 'want to' climate
Informal visits and conversations about the post are most welcome.
Short listing will take place on Monday 21st May 2018
Interviews will be held on Thursday 24th May 2018
The recruitment process is robust in seeking to establish the commitment of candidates to support the school's measures to safeguard children and to identify, deter or reject people who might pose a risk of harm to children or are otherwise unsuited to work with them. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check. All applications will be considered on their merit and the post will be offered subject to the usual health, criminal record and reference clearance. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting
An outstanding Teacher of RE with the ability to teach History and Geography, is required for September 2018 . Applications are welcome from both experienced teachers and NQTs. The faculty has close links to other schools in the Tudor Grange family.
Contact Alishia Read
Robert Smyth Academy
Respect, Succeed, Aspire