TEACHER OF RELIGIOUS STUDIES
MPR / UPR
Full time position
Required for April 2018 or sooner
Our vision statement for Religious Studies at University Church of England Academy is:
Religious Studies is a subject where all pupils achieve their target grade by going on an academic, social, moral, cultural and spiritual journey.
Religious Studies has at its heart a desire to develop pupils’ understanding of the living faith of Christianity and explore how belief, teachings and practices are reflected throughout the world with other faiths and philosophical thought.
University Church of England Academy (UCEA) is one of University of Chester Academies Trust’s (UCAT) secondary academies. Our Academy is a caring, diverse and inspiring community with a developing Christian Ethos.
We are looking to appoint an experienced teacher of Religious Studies across Key Stages 3 and 4. There is also potential for teaching at Key Stage 5. The applicant will inspire students to have a passion for the subject and a knowledge and understanding of its key ideas, concepts and skills, in line with our vision statement.
The successful candidate should have:
- Experience of raising attainment within Religious Studies.
- An understanding of the strategies needed to establish consistently high expectations and raise aspirations; to improve student outcomes and develop behaviour that results in students being able to learn, as well as contribute positively to their Academy community.
- A genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every pupil.
- Personal drive and ambition, as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to contribute to the extra-curricular life of this active department and experience of GCSE examination. Experience of A Level examinations would also be an advantage, but is not essential.
Applications will be considered from candidates who wish to apply for this role on a job share basis. Please be aware that we are unable to accept applications from NQTs.
Closing date: Monday 29th January 2018 at 3pm
Interview date: Friday 2nd February 2018
UCEA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check. All applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability for the post regardless of age, sex, race or disability.
Believe Belong Become