Closing Date: 20th September
Salary: Main Scale Plus performance related bonuses
Contract type: Permanent
Start Date: October 2017/January 2018
Do you want to work in a “good school”… with “outstanding leadership and management at all levels? - Ofsted 2015
Are you looking for a school where “There is a strong, aspirational and supportive ‘family’ culture of teams”, “where commitment to learning and development is high” - Investors in People GOLD AWARD 2014
The Petchey academy is currently seeking to appoint dynamic, pioneering and entrepreneurial individuals to work within the Human Spirit Department
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, inspiring and enthusiastic Religious Studies teacher to join The Petchey Academy.
We are looking for a candidate who is committed to maintaining the high standards set within The Petchey Academy. The successful candidate will have relevant experience, knowledge and understanding of teaching Religious Studies up to KS5
The successful candidate will have:
· Qualified Teacher Status
· The ability to teach RS KS3-5
· The ability to motivate pupils to achieve excellent examination results,
· The ability to enthuse students with a love of Religion, Philosophy and Ethics
· Excellent classroom management skills
· Excellent organisational and ICT skills
· The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team
We can offer you:
· The opportunity to be part of a growing Academy in the centre of Hackneys thriving community.
· Excellent facilities and resources for all colleagues and students
· Excellent professional development opportunities and opportunity to grow within the academy.
· An excellent benefits package
The Petchey Academy, under the patronage of Jack Petchey, is dedicated to enabling young people to aspire and succeed. We have adopted his motto and encourage our students to truly believe “If I think I can….I can!”
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend The Petchey Academy, then we are keen to hear from you.
The Petchey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please also note that as part of the Academy’s safer recruitment procedure successful candidate will undergo the enhanced DBS checks.