ASPIRE, GROW, SUCCEED
Are you passionate about teaching Religious Studies, Philosophy and Ethics and looking for an opportunity to focus on the subjects you love?
Are you wanting to be part of a great team of talented professionals in a curriculum-focused role?
If so, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for an excellent teacher who is passionate about their subject, brings fresh ideas, and will work hard in a committed team to ensure all students reach their full potential through the delivery of a knowledge rich curriculum.
We are developing our curriculum with ambitious aims: to secure, in the long-term, rich subject knowledge for all students, but also to move beyond simple manifestations of a ‘knowledge-rich curriculum’ to ensure that our curriculum is shaped by the academic discipline in the subjects above. We want our curriculum to develop students as confident readers of academic texts and to allow them to build a secure understanding of the origins, impact and influence of religion which will serve to contextualise their learning both across the school and beyond.
We aim to broaden students understanding of this subject area and how it impacts everyday life, philosophical thought and ethical behaviour. It is for this reason we are looking for an enthusiastic subject-expert to join our team and support us in this process.
The successful post holder will:
- Be an inspirational teacher with a proven track record of success of teaching up to KS5
- Embrace the current changes to the curriculum and drive up progress and outcomes.
- Have the ability to inspire, engage and enthuse students, staff and the wider community.
- Have a professional drive, energy, determination and aspiration.
- Collaborate and work with all staff across school to support further school improvement.
We will offer:
- A talented and committed staff team who are supportive of each other. This includes framework for staff voice and a fair workload charter to ensure wellbeing and a good work life balance.
- A Headteacher, Leadership Team and Governing Body committed to creating a school of outstanding practice.
- The opportunity to grow in your teaching practice and work with young people in a truly comprehensive, multi-cultural community environment.
- Excellent professional development opportunities, including a subject-specific CPD model which focuses on subject knowledge.
- Fantastic building resources and facilities.
If you share our values, ambition, have a proven track record, and relish a new challenge we look forward to receiving your application.
Applications are invited from experienced teachers and those seeking their first appointment.
If you would like to apply for this post, please download the application pack from this site or email for an application pack firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively, you can telephone leaving your postal address. The pack will include further details about the post, including how to apply.
Closing date: 13 October 2019
Allerton Grange is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expects all staff, Governors and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS and safeguarding recruitment checks.
We are also an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates.