Shirley High School is a proud multicultural school with an established reputation of integrity and excellence. Our school is at the heart of a vibrant and diverse community, with over 1000 students benefiting from our fabulous site and leafy surroundings. Along with our clear values and ethos this helps to create a positive learning environment for both students and staff. We also benefit from excellent transport links to London and the surrounding areas plus on onsite gym and ample free parking.
We have high expectations in all we do and believe that all our students can be the best in the world at whatever they decide to pursue through their hard work, determination, leadership and compassion. We strive for excellence through a broad curriculum and a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities; whilst also ensuring that both students and staff are developed both in and out of the classroom.
We are currently looking for a highly skilled, hardworking and ambitious teacher of Religious Studies to raise standards and student outcomes; not only in our strong Religious Studies department but also as part of a specialist team working on Teaching and Learning across the school.
We are looking for someone who:
• is an outstanding teacher
• knowledge of the WJEC Eduqas Route A specification would be of benefit
• has a successful track record of teaching Religious Studies from 11 - 16
• is able to demonstrate excellent subject knowledge
• is motivated and enthusiastic
• has the energy to build on recent GCSE results and will help to drive forward high quality post 16 provision
• will be resourceful and innovative
• has first rate communication and organisational skills
• has experience coaching and developing staff
We offer excellent working conditions with key benefits that include:
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Staff Mentoring
• Staff car park on site
• Fitness Suite
• A strong focus on the professional development of all staff within our school
Should you believe you have the skills to perform this role to the highest possible standards and are truly passionate about joining us on our journey then we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact us to arrange a tour of the school or speak with our new Principal.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. More information can be downloaded from our website www.shirley.croydon.sch.uk
Full details/application form available from: www.shirley.croydon.sch.uk. Completed application forms can be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 11 November 2019