We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified and enthusiastic teacher to join our successful Science Department. The successful candidate will be an effective classroom practitioner and will be expected to contribute fully to the ethos and culture of this flourishing Department.
We expect to appoint someone who is:-
- passionate about Science, and all aspects of education:
- ideally able to teach at Key Stages, 3, 4 & 5; all Science disciplines considered;
- able to enthuse, engage, motivate and challenge students;
- able to work innovatively to raise achievement at all levels;
- self-motivated with excellent inter-personal skills;
- able to work as part of a team yet has individual skills and initiative.
In return we offer:-
- a Science Department with a clear sense of purpose, vision and energy
- a commitment to strive for excellence within a supportive ethos
- 12 well-equipped labs, 7 of which are in a brand-new purpose-built Science Centre and two further labs are set aside exclusively for ‘A’ Level teaching, 4 preparation rooms and a Farm Unit within walking distance of the school
- relevant, effective CPD to allow appropriate career progression.
Applications are welcome from experienced and NQT teachers.
Closing date: Monday 1 February (9am) with interviews likely to take place later that week.
ESW is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service
Kingsteignton, Newton Abbot, Devon TQ12 3JG
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years