Al Rabeeh Academy is seeking an enthusiastic, adaptable and committed Science teacher for mid-August 2019. The ability to offer another subject would be an advantage, but not essential.
Al Rabeeh Academy is a purpose built school, opened in August 2017 and is a part of a growing network of schools. The Al Rabeeh name has been synonymous throughout the city for high quality education and pastoral care since 1979. The founding school, Al Rabeeh School, is a successful, well-established primary school with an excellent reputation and was recently rated a Band ‘A’ School in an ADEK full school inspection. Both schools are members of British Schools in the Middle East (BSME) and are committed to professional development and the CPD programmes BSME offers.
Al Rabeeh Academy is a bilingual private school from FS1 to Year 13, delivering the English National Curriculum, alongside Arabic Language, Islamic Studies and Social Studies (taught by Arabic teachers). The secondary school children are taught in segregated classes. The successful candidate will be a highly committed team player with the drive, energy and passion to develop Al Rabeeh Academy, which will open opportunities for internal promotion, as the academy grows.
Applicants must lead by example and play a full part in the Academy’s pastoral care and extra-curricular activities programme. Successful applicants will need to be understanding of the ethos and values of Al Rabeeh Academy, a school with a high population of Emirati/Arab students. The successful candidate will be an effective communicator, confident in establishing open communication with students, staff and parents.
Applicants must be fluent English speaking, hold a relevant degree and teaching qualification and have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of teaching in schools that follow a British curriculum.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent subject knowledge
• Strong emphasis and desire to be outstanding in learning, teaching and leading education and believe that children have the potential to reach the highest of expectations when in the right environment
• Experience of current UK initiatives and developments
• Capacity to support creative learning and to focus on developing 21st Century learning environments and innovation skills
• Confidence in using IT to motivate and extend student’s learning experiences
• Strong focus on pastoral care and be prepared to go the extra mile to get the best out of ‘our’ students
• Experience of using data from standardised tests and external examinations to track student progress
• Experience of teaching across a range of key stages with an emphasis on Key Stage 3 and developing the Key Stage 4 curriculum.
• Competitive salary (tax free)
• An initial two-year contract (renewable by mutual consent)
• Furnished accommodation (including utilities)
• Annual return air ticket/allowance
• Baggage allowance
• Medical insurance cover
• End of service gratuity
• Visa arranged by the school
To apply please use the ‘apply now’ button and follow the process, or forward an up-to-date CV, covering letter and photograph to the Head of Secondary, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 30th June 2019, but Skype and telephone interviews may take place ahead of this date so an early application is advantageous. While we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.