Why apply to be a Teacher of Science at Riverside School?
Riverside School opened in September 2012, we have now moved into our new state-of the-art £45m building on the north bank of the Thames with nearly 1000 students from Year 7 to 13 in 2018; we will grow to approximately 2000 over the next 5 years, including a large sixth form. This is a great career opportunity to be part of a new and expanding school. It really is a very special place to work and pre-application visits are welcomed.
Our relentless focus on teaching and learning and developing great teachers and leaders is our number one priority. Weekly one-to-one tailored coaching sessions, termly lesson study and a generous time allocation to planning means our teachers are both motivated and highly talented. There is a real sense of passion and determination that students and staff bring to all that they do, making Riverside School a superb place both to learn and to work.
Riverside School achieved a P8 score of +0.92 (validated results) and is in the top 4% nationally for P8 for the following groups overall: all students, low prior attainers, middle prior attainers, high prior attainers and disadvantaged. 61% (20% nationally) of our students achieved the strong Ebacc and an attainment 8 score of 55.5 (46 nationally). We pride ourselves on consistency and academic rigour to enable social mobility.
The Science department is comprised 12 dynamic, engaging and enthusiastic teachers. We have a well-resourced department, allowing the students to learn science through enquiry and discovery.
We are looking to appoint an innovative and conscientious Teacher of Science with excellent subject knowledge and the ability to teach KS3 and KS4 science in our highly successful and collaborative department.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a passion for science evident in their day to day teaching.
- Show evidence of being, or having the potential to be, an outstanding teacher in the classroom.
- Contribute and show commitment to our innovative and forward thinking department.
- Contribute to intervention programmes.
- Play a full and active role in the life of the school.
- Be a reflective practitioner with focusses on continuous learning and development of practice.
- Want to make a real difference to the lives of all young people.
In return, we can offer you:
- A cohesive team of people who believe in working collaboratively; sharing ideas and supporting each other.
- The opportunity to further develop innovative teaching and learning strategies to ensure students achieve excellence.
- Participation in lesson study to provide an opportunity for collaborative planning and the detailed and evaluative analysis of specific pedagogical foci.
- The chance to join a growing school with further opportunities for progression as the school reaches capacity.
- Unrivalled CPDL opportunities to further develop your skills as a classroom practitioner and to develop leadership skills as you progress.
- Purpose built and well-furnished 90m² labs with suites of computers in our brand new £45 million school.
If you share in our commitment to achieve excellence for all, we want to hear from you. To find out more about our school please visit http://secondary.riversidecampus.com/.
Location: Riverside School, Renwick Road, Barking, IG11 0FU
Closing Date: 12 noon Monday 25th February 2019
Start Date: July / September 2019
Salary: MPS or UPS (Inner London) £29,644 - £40,372 or £44,489 to £48,244 dependent on experience.
Riverside School is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.