Teacher of Science - Salary Scale: MPS/UPS
Closing date: Midday on Wednesday 24th April 2019
Interview Day: W/c 29th April 2019
The Archer Academy seeks to appoint an exceptional teacher of Science to join our high achieving, motivated and collaborative department.
Science results are outstanding at GCSE. In Core Science our students made +0.77 levels of progress compared to students with similar starting points with 31% of results being at 9-7 (including 19 at grade 9). Across Triple Science students made between +0.8 and +1 grades of progress compared to students of like starting point with over 75% of grades being at 9-7.
Science is held in high regard at the Archer Academy and is led by a dedicated Assistant Headteacher for STEM subjects, supported by KS3 and KS4 leads. Our curriculum is rich, creative and academically rigorous with a vision that all our students become scientifically literate and appreciate the importance of science in their lives. We offer opportunities to study additional science in Year 9 as part of the options process and around one third of our cohort elect to take Triple Science at GCSE. There are a host of extra-curricular opportunities both within our Enrichment programme and as part of a wider programme of talks and visits including a dedicated Science Week.
The successful applicant will have the potential to be an outstanding classroom teacher, and will be passionate about developing inspirational teaching strategies and working to raise the standard of teaching and learning both within their own classroom and throughout the department. The post is suitable for both NQTs and more experienced teachers.
The Archer Academy seeks teachers who are:
• Outstanding practitioners who inspire students and colleagues
• Ambitious in leading and delivering a rigorous, academic and creative curriculum
• Committed to ensuring that every student realises their potential
• Flexible, collaborative and resilient
• Committed to the whole life of the school through our enrichment programme
• Focused on securing the highest ambitions for your students, the school and yourself
Our ideal candidate will:
• Be a committed team player
• Understand changes in the Science curriculum and have the vision to support and develop an outstanding department
• Have experience of developing an exciting curriculum that engages every learner
In return we will offer you:
• A unique opportunity to be a key member of staff and help build on the school’s successes to date
• A happy and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards
• An opportunity to further evolve our exciting curriculum across the key stages
• A network of outstanding practitioners to collaborate with and learn from
• Leadership and management opportunities both now, and in the future as the school continues to mature
The Archer Academy benefits from:
• A forward thinking senior leadership team
• A committed and talented body of staff
• A supportive Trust and Governing Body
• An excellent CPD programme – including a dedicated NQT mentor and induction programme
The Archer Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance.