Dates: Applications will be considered upon receipt and suitable candidates invited in for interview
Are you a newly qualified or experienced Teacher of Science who is passionate and committed to raising student achievement and securing high standards? Are you keen to join a growing, dynamic and supportive faculty?
Welling school is a vibrant 11-19, mixed, Specialist Visual Arts College. The school was rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted in February 2015 and is on its journey to achieving outstanding. We are committed to ensuring that students have high aspirations and are able to achieve their full potential.
We adopt an innovative approach to teaching science. In Years 7 and 8, alongside science lessons, students follow a SciArt course where they undertake aspects of the science curriculum through the medium of art. In Year 9, all students have separate lessons in Biology, Chemistry and Physics and at Key Stage 4 we offer GCSE’s in core and additional science as well as the separate sciences as an option. Our Key Stage 5 provision is expanding as the school’s sixth form grows.
This is a strong faculty and we are seeking an enthusiastic, determined and innovative teacher to continue our school improvement agenda to develop the provision of Science throughout the school.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be passionate about their subject with the potential and desire to continue to improve;
- have a passion for teaching and learning and be committed to raising standards across all Key Stages;
- have excellent subject knowledge and depth of understanding;
- be able to inspire, enthuse and motivate students to ensure that they achieve their full potential;
- be an effective and committed team player with a clear vision for development and sustained improvement in Science
- be committed to Welling School’s mission of achieving high standards and fulfilling the expectations of all students of all abilities
In return, we can offer you:
- the opportunity to further develop innovative teaching and learning strategies to ensure students achieve their full potential
- excellent CPD opportunities to further develop your skills as a classroom practitioner and to develop leadership skills as you progress;
- excellent networking opportunities including involvement in the Trust, PiXL and school partnerships;
- the use of our innovative ‘iBrary’ as an additional learning environment which has achieved Apple Regional Centre status
For the Job Description and Person Specification, please download them below or contact Ms N Whitelock, HR Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org). Visits to the school are encouraged.
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and past employment checks.