Teacher of Science - Biology or Chemistry (full time)
A great opportunity to work as part of a talented, highly motivated and supportive team of teachers who have secured the Academy’s outstanding OFSTED status, exceptional GCSE examination success and a thriving sixth form.
Located in the London Borough of Barnet, Wren Academy is sponsored by the Church of England and Berkhamsted School. The Academy has developed a strong reputation for outstanding teaching and learning, as demonstrated by our 2017 Progress 8 score being +0.93. We opened in 2008 and have grown to now include a successful and thriving sixth form. Our primary phase opened in 2015. The engaging curriculum, and state of the art buildings have contributed to the Academy’s notable success. The Academy is a forward-thinking establishment and welcomes colleagues who are enthusiastic and ready to offer their ideas to create powerful and effective learning experiences for all students.
We wish to appoint a colleague to this post who has:
• outstanding teaching and interpersonal skills
• the desire to contribute to an innovative and successful science team
• a strong science background with the ability to teach the subject to GCSE and A level
• excellent organisational skills
• evidence of ambition and a commitment to continuing professional development
• the desire to maximise the performance of all students and ensure the very best progress for all
Applications are welcome from NQTs and experienced teachers.
Closing date: Noon Monday 5 February 2018 but applications will be considered as they are received. Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 5 February 2018.
For an application pack please see our website:
Please note that we require the Wren Academy application form to be completed before we are able to consider your application. We do not accept CV’s.
Wren Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.