Teacher of Science
(TLR 2B available for the right candidate depending on experience and skills)
Required for September or sooner
Holyhead School is a heavily over-subscribed, 11-19 Academy in Handsworth with 1300 students on roll. The school is a National Leader in Education/National Support School and has been designated ‘Outstanding‘ by Ofsted following successful inspections in December 2013 and April 2015. Inspectors highlighted a number of key reasons for the school’s success including:
● Teachers have high expectations of all students, regardless of their ability
● Relationships are excellent and are built on respect and trust
● Students from many different backgrounds and cultures get on very well together
● Staff morale is high
● GCSE results across a range of subjects are significantly better than those of similar schools, representing outstanding progress
● Students’ achievement in the Sixth Form is outstanding
● Results in Science are excellent at both GCSE and A Level
We are looking for….
● a well-qualified, creative and dynamic Science specialist
● an engaging and forward thinking teacher who will build on the success of the department across all three Key Stages
● a dedicated professional to work/support the Head of Department to promote high standards of teaching and learning within the subject
We can offer….
● a recruitment and retention allowance and an enhanced starting salary for suitable candidates
● an opportunity to contribute to the wider developments within the department
● excellent students and staff who will enthuse and inspire the successful candidate
● the opportunity to join a highly innovative and successful department achieving excellent examination results year on year
● a friendly and supportive working environment
● a comprehensive induction programme and the opportunity to engage in further professional development
The Science Department at Holyhead has an outstanding track record. If you feel that you could bring further impetus to our drive to improve the provision for our students and have the necessary energy, enthusiasm and sense of humour to take us forward in this exciting curriculum area then please contact Ms Jennifer Bent, PA to The Principal, and ask for an application pack. Alternatively, the information can be downloaded from our website. Informal enquiries are most welcome. Please note applications only accepted on the official Holyhead School job application form.
Holyhead School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced CRB check is required for all successful candidates.
Closing date: 12 noon on Friday 28th April 2017
Interviews: Thursday 11th May 2017
Holyhead School, Milestone Lane, Holyhead Road, Handsworth, Birmingham, B210HN
Tel: 0121-523-1960 Fax: 0121-523-1969 mailto:email@example.com