The Bishop of Winchester Academy is an oversubscribed and thriving Church of England School, recognised by Ofsted as ‘Improving the life chances of all our pupils’ (May 2017). There are exciting opportunities to join our motivated and ambitious team driven by the mantra of high expectations – no excuses.
This will be an exciting opportunity to join an academy which has recently undergone a significant building programme, including the installation of two new air-conditioned laboratories. The Academy is ambitious to be recognised as inspirational. Ofsted have recognised the many strengths of our Academy including:
“The outstanding curriculum has a significant impact on increasing students’ attendance and enjoyment of learning and on the improvements in their achievement.”
“Students behaviour is outstanding. This is a huge success for the Academy.”
“The Principal provides the school with outstanding leadership. He is supported extremely well by senior leaders.”
The post offers excellent opportunities for an ambitious teacher to develop their skills further within an exciting and innovative environment. Including:
• An excellent CPD programme including training and in department development time
• Outstanding teaching facilities with interactive whiteboards in all classrooms
• A robust behaviour system allowing teaching staff to deliver high quality learning opportunities to students
• Well maintained 21st Century site located in close proximity to beaches and the Jurassic Coast
• Cycle to work scheme
The successful applicant will:
• Play an important role in helping move the science department to the next stages of its development
• Be dynamic, highly motivated, and innovative.
• Be able to inspire students to have high expectations.
• Be a positive and supportive mentor to students.
• Be able to teach GCSE and A-Level
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Rigorous checks will be undertaken of the successful applicant’s background credentials, including enhanced DBS checks.
Our application form as well as the job description and person specification for this role are available through our website. Please email Sarah Hatton, HR at email@example.com, addressing your covering letter to Mr Paul McKeown, Principal to apply.
Please be aware that due to the ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ legislation we do not accept CV’s.
Closing date for applications is 8.00am, Tuesday 4th January 2022.
The Bishop of Winchester Academy, based in Bournemouth, Dorset, is a Church of England secondary school that prides itself on its curriculum, governance and outstanding student behaviour. Students aged 11-18 experience teaching in new state-of-the-ar...