Do you have the talent and ambition to make a difference to our school?
We wish to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated Teacher of Science with the ability to deliver excellent results. We are looking for an outstanding teacher who can excite and motivate young people, is committed to bringing imaginative ideas into the classroom, and can turn students with promise into skillful, successful and independent learners.
You will join a large, well-equipped faculty that is dedicated to raising the achievement and progress of our diverse student community. The Science faculty also supports teaching in our local primary schools so that pupils arrive at Bingley with an enthusiasm for the subject which continues throughout their time with us.
Bingley Grammar is an oversubscribed 11-18 voluntary aided comprehensive school which was judged ‘Good’ by OFSTED in March 2013. The school prides itself on its commitment to the professional development of staff. We offer a range of professional development opportunities, including our fully funded Master’s degree (MEd Education) with Edge Hill University and a two hour CPD session every other Monday afternoon.
Applications are welcome from both NQTs and more experienced colleagues. We offer an excellent NQT support programme with a bespoke schedule of training and mentors.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work within a friendly, dedicated and motivated team
- Proactive support for your career development – including the opportunity to study for a Master’s degree in Education
- An approachable and supportive Leadership team and Governing body
The role and responsibilities include:
- Providing high-quality teaching of Science
- Raising student attainment
- Assessing, recording and reporting on students’ progress
- Supporting the vision and values of the school
To be successful in this post you will:
- Have knowledge/experience of teaching Science across KS3 and KS4. The opportunity to teach in your specialism at KS5 may become available
- Be ambitious for your students and your own professional development
- Have up-to-date teaching methodology and a commitment to reflective practice
- Be able to work confidently within a team and communicate effectively
Working at our school offers the opportunity to work within a culture of professional learning and reflection.
For more information and to apply please see our website: www.bingleygrammar.org/about/vacancies
For queries or to arrange a visit, please contact the Recruitment team:
T: 01274 807720 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 2 October at 9.00am
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Please note CVs will not be accepted.