The Cottesloe School is a successful and oversubscribed Foundation Secondary School with Sixth Form situated in the village of Wing in rural North Buckinghamshire, situated conveniently for Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire and Milton Keynes
* Ofsted rated Good in all areas - July 2016
* CPD Award Mark of Outstanding
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic teacher with a passion for Science. Ideally we are seeking a Physics or Chemistry specialist, and a part-time contract is available for the right applicant.
We are looking for
• Someone with a good understanding of relevant curriculum areas at KS3 and KS4, including a good understanding of assessment and monitoring procedures.
• Experience of teaching or teaching practice of A Level for an appropriate specialist.
• A willingness to learn and apply new techniques that contribute to high quality teaching and learning.
• A teacher who expects and demonstrates the highest standards.
• A teacher who can enthuse a range of students with varying needs.
We can offer you
• An exciting opportunity to teach students who are courteous and have a high degree of respect for others. They are proud of their school and enjoy learning. Parents are positive about the behaviour of students and say they are managed well and staff are similarly positive (Ofsted July 2016).
• Modern, state of the art classrooms with interactive screens.
• A friendly and supportive working atmosphere.
• The freedom to teach creative lessons in a school with a proven track record for the professional development of staff.
• The opportunities to take part or organise school trips related to the curriculum.
This is an ideal opportunity for either an NQT to undertake their induction training in a school with a proven track record of providing excellent professional support for all staff, or for an experienced teacher looking for a new challenge and great CPD opportunities.
Please contact Mr Ben Garland (Head of Science) if you would like to discuss this role further: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01296 688264.
For further information about our school please see our website www.cottesloe.bucks.sch.uk
Completed application forms should be emailed to email@example.com. Closing date for applications is 9.00am on Monday 22 April 2019, with interviews shortly after.
The Cottesloe School is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and offers of employment will be subject to Enhanced DBS clearance, and satisfactory qualification, health and reference checks.