Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 970 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning
environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
The High School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic and experienced teachers to join our high-performing teaching team end of March 2019 for a Short-Term, 3-month contract, to cover Maternity Leave for the following post:
TEACHER OF SCIENCE
The successful candidate must have a degree in science or a specific science discipline (Biology, Chemistry or Physics). A PGCE/PGDE in either science or a specific science discipline or a Bachelor of Education in Science. A minimum of two to three years’ current experience teaching the core Science subjects at Key Stage 3, 4 and 5 (A Level). Preference will be given to applicants who possess the ability to teach more than one science discipline at the GCSE level. Experience teaching Marine Science at GCSE and A level is a distinct advantage.
In addition to the requirements listed for the position above each successful candidate must be:
- An excellent classroom practitioner with creative and innovative ideas, committed to achieving high academic standards and passionate about creating a stimulating and student-centered learning environment
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the English National Curriculum
- Willing to be involved in a wide range of school-related activities
- Fully proficient in using Management Information Systems, such as SIMS and Microsoft Office products, especially MS Word and Excel
- Willing to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school
- Prior experience teaching in a multicultural environment is essential
Salary range for the position listed above is: CI$ 39,000 to $55,000 per annum commensurate with experience based on the School’s point salary scale. Other benefits include medical insurance and contribution to a pension plan and relocation allowance, including airfare.
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website: www.cayprep.edu.ky.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE SCHOOL’S TEACHER APPLICATION Form (available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter and CV to:
Mr. Karl Murphy, High School Principal
Cayman Prep and High School
PO Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: Monday, February 25, 2019