This is an excellent opportunity for a Teacher of Science (Chemistry) to work at a high achieving, fully comprehensive school in Dorking in Surrey.
Who we are:
Ashcombe is highly sought-after, with very high levels of interest for September 2021. This is due to a wide range of factors including its facilities, academic results, standards of teaching, pastoral care, the wide range of trips and extra-curricular activities and the resultant attitudes of its pupils. In our 2020 ‘Investors in People’ Report, our staff said:
“It is a great place to work, and I can see all the things that are happening – it’s all positive”
What we offer:
• The Science department is one of the largest in the school, with 11 fully equipped laboratories
• A very successful and dynamic department which achieves strong results and progression at both GCSE and A-Level
• An extra-curricular STEM participation, encouraging students to partake in a variety of projects. There is also a Science club as well as visits to regional and national exhibits
• An excellent NQT programme – with salary backdated to 1st August
• Regular professional development opportunities
• Day nursery on site with preferential rates for staff
• On-site parking
• Close to A25, M25 and local train stations
What we’re looking for:
• A person who has a passion for Science and will encourage scientific curiosity within our students
• An ability to deliver the curriculum to a high standard and in particular a speciality in Chemistry
• An open minded approach to expanding and encouraging knowledge growth in students of all abilities
• A capacity for hard work, the ability to manage its pressures and the ability to establish good working relationships with a wide range of people
What Ofsted say:
“Pupils’ attitudes towards learning are very positive. Pupils are attentive and responsive in equal measure in lessons. As a result, there is a very harmonious learning atmosphere"
How to apply:
Click the ‘Quick apply’ button below to complete an application form.
Applications must be submitted by 8am Monday 19th April 2021 . Please note we may interview as applications are received. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted shortly after the closing date.
Whatever the outcome of your application we thank you for the interest you have shown and wish you well in your future career.
The Ashcombe School,
Ashcombe Road, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 1LY
Tel: 01306 886312
The Ashcombe School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years