This is your opportunity to join a dynamic Science Faculty where there is a high demand from students and a strong record of success. Based in one of the top achieving grammar schools in the country, with commendably high ‘Value Added’, it offers you the potential to develop your own career in an ‘Outstanding’ school. WCGS blends the best of tradition with the cutting edge of curriculum developments.
For the successful candidate, this is your chance to:
• Work within an Outstanding school;
• Teach high-achieving students at KS3, KS4 and A Level
• Work within a highly motivated and exciting Science Faculty which encourages students to achieve their full potential;
• Work within a School which challenges and supports professional development through a programme
of Continuing Professional Development which has received a Quality Mark for excellence.
• A highly motivated Senior Leadership Team who wish to see Science flourish within the School
• Working with students who respond well to inspirational and motivational teaching creating memorable teaching and learning experiences;
• A school which has Value Added scores which are consistently in the top 2% nationally
• Working within a school where GCSE results are always in the top 50 state schools in the country;
• A strong House System which aims to include all students.
Application forms and candidate packs are available to download from this advert. Please return your completed Application Form electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you are ready but no later than the closing date. Please be aware that part of the application form requires a statement which will act as a letter of application to the Head of School. Please note CVs will not be considered.
We welcome visits to the School prior to application. Please email Jo Johnson at email@example.com to arrange an appointment.
Closing date: Tuesday 20th March 2018
We reserve the right to interview and appoint before the closing date should there be a suitable candidate and therefore advise that applications should be submitted as soon as possible.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The recruitment process will include an enhanced DBS check, medical screening, confirmation of right to work in the UK and all other pre- employments checks in line with safer recruitment requirements.