TEACHER OF SCIENCE MPS/UPS (R&R available for suitably experienced candidate)
There is the opportunity for the right candidate to be appointed as a Lead Teacher and/or for consideration of SLE status within the Twynham Teaching School Alliance
Required: September 2018
The Grange School is seeking a teacher of exceptionally high calibre to join us on an incredibly exciting journey. This position would not suit everyone and requires a dedicated and energetic individual who is passionate about improving life chances for young people. Since January 2018 the school has undergone a dramatic transformation in its leadership and practices to ensure that all students can achieve their potential.
The Science department at the Grange is a key part of this transformational journey. From September 2018 a completely new yet experienced team will be in place to take the school forward on its journey to become a beacon of best practice, not just in the school but across the trust and region. A new Head of Department and Assistant Head of Department have been appointed, both of whom have extensive experience of teaching and leading science at Twynham School. They will be joined by two further exceptional colleagues, one of whom could be you.
This position offers a unique opportunity to be involved in the development of a brand new department.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who will relish the opportunity to:
- Teach science across Key Stage 3 and 4
- Improve outcomes for students in science and have a direct impact of students’ life chances
- Work with exceptional professionals to further develop a shared understanding of learning
- Further shape the curriculum in all Key Stages to enhance the quality of learning for students
You are likely to be someone who:
- Is an exceptional classroom teacher
- Has a proven track-record of improving outcomes for students or demonstrates the ability to do so
- Has an understanding of effective pedagogy
- Has exceptionally high expectations for students
- Believes that league tables are not the main focus for education
- Will embrace our highly supportive and professional culture
The Grange School can offer you:
- Opportunities for Lead Teacher and/or SLE status
- The opportunity to work with wonderful young people and their families
- The opportunity to work with exceptional colleagues throughout our school
- High quality continued professional development and opportunities to progress
- The opportunity to work within Twynham Learning; a forward-thinking multi-academy trust
- The opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful areas of the South Coast
Applicants are invited to apply through the TES website or by visiting www.twynhamlearning.com for an application pack. All applicants (especially those considering Lead Teacher or SLE status) are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Closing Date: Monday 25th June 2018
The Grange School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.