New College Durham Academies Trust comprises of two large Academies, Consett Academy and North Durham Academy, located some six miles apart in North West Durham. New College Durham, is our lead sponsor and both Academies are located in multi million pound new builds, offering unrivalled state of the art facilities for our students and communities in Consett and Stanley.
The agenda is challenging, but for the right individual this presents an unrivalled opportunity to make a real difference and a lasting contribution to our journey in becoming outstanding providers of education.
We are committed to lifelong learning and can provide a bespoke CPD package to support your professional development, whether you are starting out in your career, have the potential to expand into KS5 or simply looking for a greater teaching experience.
Teacher of Science (MPS - UPS)
With a preferred start date of January 2020, North Durham Academy has a vacancy for a Teacher of Science, who will be expected to teach across all three disciplines.
We can offer:
• A bespoke CPD package for all staff
• The chance to work in state of the art facilities
• An IPad/ICT device for all teaching staff
• Additional staff benefits i.e. tax free childcare voucher scheme, discounted membership rates at local leisure facilities.
We are looking for a colleague who is:
• Good or Outstanding
• Able to raise students’ aspirations and attainment
• Able to plan lessons and ensure the use of assessment is effective in securing student progress
• Able to contribute to extra-curricular activities
• Has high expectations of their students
• Consistently models excellent practice and has students' achievement and progress at the forefront of their teaching.
• Wants an exciting opportunity to work in a vibrant school that makes a difference to our young people’s lives.
To download an application pack, including job description, person specification and application form, please visit our website: https://www.northdurhamacademy.co.uk/22/vacancies
To organise a visit or an informal chat just email Human Resources at HR@ncdat.org.uk Please do not attach copies of CV's/qualification certificates. Only the information detailed on the application form will be used as part of the short-listing process. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Completed applications should be submitted via TES online application or emailed to: HR@ncdat.org.uk by Midday: Monday 14th October 2019.
Applicants should assume they have been unsuccessful if we have not contacted them within 28 days of the post-closing.