This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and enthusiastic Teacher of Science to join an already successful and supportive department. Potential is as important as experience. Applications are invited from NQTs as well as more experienced colleagues.
The successful candidate will:
· Share their passion for science through inspirational lessons
· Be committed to making a difference to our students’ future by encouraging them to achieve their best
· Be prepared to work collaboratively within the department and willing to take part in wider community science events
· Be a reflective practitioner and take a proactive role in their professional development
· Be able to teach Science to KS4
We will offer:
· Subsidised local accommodation
· A comprehensive CPD programme
· The opportunity to work in a school recognised by the Department for Education as being in the top 100 most improved with progress in English and Maths
· A calm and purposeful atmosphere where students show excellent behaviour.
Glebelands School is a mixed, 11-16 comprehensive at the heart of our community in this pleasant area of Surrey. The school is near Guildford and within easy reach of London and the south coast.
Following a short inspection in November 2017: Ofsted quoted: ‘Leaders take workload into account when implementing policies and procedures so as to avoid placing unnecessary burdens on staff.’
Glebelands is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures and an enhanced DBS check.