Salary: Main Pay Scale
Hours: 1 FTE
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: September 2020
Friesland School is a good school that is on the path to becoming outstanding. Every child really matters at our school and each year we celebrate excellent results and last year was no exception with some outstanding achievements. We recognise that these outcomes are only possible through the commitment, dedication and skills of our highly valued staff.
We are currently seeking to appoint a motivational Teacher of Science to join an existing team at Friesland School. As part of this role you will be responsible for delivering engaging lessons inspiring students within your subject area. This exciting opportunity is perfect for an individual who likes a challenge and is committed to students’ learning and ensuring they each achieve their full potential. You would be joining a supportive group of teachers and support staff who are committed to providing quality science education to all of our students. KS3 pupils follow an inspiring two year course leading to Combined or Triple Science in KS4.
We are looking to appoint an excellent teacher who has the ability to demonstrate their talent and drive through a passion for teaching. The ideal candidate will be dynamic and hardworking committed to improving the outcomes of students at all key stages. This post would equally suit a confident and ambitious NQT or an experienced teacher.
Why join us
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. The Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for our staff. We make a significant investment in all of our employees to ensure we can recruit and retain the most talented people.
• Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales and our minimum hourly rate for support staff is £9.00.
• Free car parking.
• An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
• The ability to request flexible working.
• Entry to a career average pension scheme.
• A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
• Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
• A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
The closing date for applications is Monday 24 February 2020 at midday
Interviews will be held on Friday 28 February 2020
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.